Monday, April 24, 2017

Bluebird Fieldtrip

Good evening! Today, we went on a field-trip after piano lessons. It was at a lady's house who "raises" bluebirds. She built houses for them in a beautiful field that has mowed paths and lots of little marshes and ponds. I'm so glad we went. It was much more fun than doing book-work. And, I got some good pictures. :)


 Here is a frog that Josiah found while we were still at piano lessons.

On to the field-trip and seeing the bluebirds!

She made little "feeding stations" at almost every house. We watched as she dumped some meal-worms in the little container and then called to the birds to come get them. :)


Here is a pair of bluebirds that came to the container at the same time.
I snapped a lot of pictures of these two. I was hoping to get at least one picture of both of them looking at me.



 Here is my favorite one of this pair. :) I like how you can see the worm in the females mouth.

  A goose on top of an old fishing shack.

 Another pair of bluebirds.
This time, I got the female still in mid-air, before she landed on the house.

 A Tree Swallow


 One of the paths we walked. Isn't it beautiful? I told mom I would just go out and watch the birds every day. :) It would be so relaxing.


 Checking the eggs in one of the houses.


 Here is a swallow in a house. Aren't they so cute??

 The clearing where we checked another house to find that, sadly, a Sparrow had gotten into it and killed the mother bluebird, who was laying on four eggs. It was terribly sad...


I guess that's all! I hope you enjoyed the pictures, because I enjoyed taking them. :)
Have a blessed week!
Alegra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Diella's 19th Birthday

 Of course Gonff had to make an appearance in Diella's 19th birthday photos.. and an appearance from Snickers too :)) I still can't ...