Friday, April 14, 2017

Hadassah and Rosie, the Cow

Hello all! :)
It was a beautiful and warm day on the farm today. Diella and I took Saphira and Hadassah on the four-wheeler around the yard. Hadassah loved it!
When Diella wanted a turn driving, she took Saphi on a ride. When I got off, I ran in the house, got my camera, and took Hadassah out to the barn. I was going to go take pictures of Dad and Benaiah mowing the field, but the cows were in the barn, so I just stayed in there with Hadassah and took her pictures with the cows.

 Here is the one picture I got of the guys mowing.
I wanted them to be at the bottom of the picture, and I was over by the chicken's pen, so I just used the fence to frame the tractor.

Now for the cow pictures. :)
The only cow that was close enough to the gate, was Rosie. She's the friendliest of five cows.


 Hadassah, attempting to climb the gate.
She only climbed up two bars, but that was high enough to get a cute picture of her feet. :)


 She tried so hard to get Rosie to come eat the hay that she was throwing in the pen.


 These are some of the cutest pictures I took. :) She was so excited about something. I'm not even sure what, but she made the best faces!



 Picking up some hay off the floor.




 When the boys finished their job and came down, all the cows got up and just watched them walk down the hill and out the gate. They're so funny! :)

 The handle to the barn door.

 The chain-link fence.

 I came back in the barn after telling Hadassah to come to the house and finding she wasn't following me. When I walked in the door, and saw this, I had to get a picture! :)
She would walk back and forth from one end of the gate to the other, and wait for Rosie to follow her, then she would give her some hay and rub her head. It was so cute!


Here is the process. Notice the hand licking in most of the feeding pictures. :)





 A different view of Rosie getting fed.
I like how you can see on both sides of the gate, instead of only into the cow pen.

 These are two of the newest cows. They aren't to sure of us yet.


Last picture of Rosie being fed. I think Saphira was feeding her in this one though.

That was all we did! :)
Before I took these pictures, Josiah, Benaiah, Saphira, Dad, and I piled into Dad's tractor and went to the neighbor's to get a mower to mow the field.
A little bit ago, Diella and I made homemade Reese's peanut butter cups. They are so delicious!!
I hope you have had a great week!
Blessings!
Alegra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Diella's 19th Birthday

 Of course Gonff had to make an appearance in Diella's 19th birthday photos.. and an appearance from Snickers too :)) I still can't ...