Thursday, February 16, 2017

Day 12- Last Beach Visit

Hello! Today, we went to Manasota Beach, making it our last visit to the beach. I had made a list of pictures I wanted to take at the beach while we were here, so I took that to finish it off.

Here is a picture of most of our shark teeth we have found this trip.

This picture didn't turn out like I wanted it to. I couldn't see how to set my shutter speed because of the sun, so the picture turned out really bright. I tried to darken it with my editing app, but it just made Benaiah get darker.

Here is a picture to show you how big the waves were (sorta).

Grandma hid some "treasure" and set Saphira to find it. She un-buried it and found chocolate coins in a bag. She was very excited about finding it and I was happy because I got to eat some of it! :)

This was one of the things on my list: shells on someone's arm.


Hadassah sat in Grandma's lounge chair pretty much the whole time. She was really cute, just sitting there grinning. :)

You know me.... I had to get a close up of her hands covered in sand.

This was another one that was on the list: someone carving 2017 in the sand.

It looked so good.....

..and then a wave came, and it was there no more! :)

On the list as well was: holding sand in a heart shape... 
Mom shaped the heart with wet sand before she held it. I like that the background is the water. <3

I also wanted to get Saphi running through the water, but it took longer to convince her to cooperate.
These also came out a little bright... /: Oh well.


We visited the turtle again and found out it was actually a tortoise! Mom thought it was a sea turtle because it had flipper like feet, but it was too far away from the ocean to be a sea turtle, and they don't start nesting until May (through October).



We also drove around looking for lizards. We found lots of them! However, I couldn't get close enough to them, I didn't have my 55-200 mm lens, and I was so far away, it didn't focus on the lizards. 


This is my favorite lizard picture. :)

For supper, we had grilled chicken, sheep-head fish, and salad. It was delicious!!! After supper, everyone had key lime pie (except me cause I don't care for it).I had ice cream with fudge and Hershey hard shell topping. While I ate my ice cream, everyone gathered in the living room and sang some songs. Grandma and I got in the pool after we sang, and now I'm in my room, writing this and watching Flip or Flop. Hope you enjoyed the highlights of my day! :)
Blessings!
Alegra

2 comments:

Diella's 19th Birthday

 Of course Gonff had to make an appearance in Diella's 19th birthday photos.. and an appearance from Snickers too :)) I still can't ...