Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Day 3- Fort De Soto & Historical Agriculture Museum

Hello from Florida! :)
Today, we took a field trip to Fort De Soto. There, we took a self-guided tour around the fort, looking at all the cannons and all the prisons under the fort. After we finished walking around the fort, we headed to the pier. Grandpa brought his fishing pole and tackle, so he could fish. While he fished, we had turkey sandwiches, grapes, and string cheese for lunch.

There was an Osprey nest in almost every light pole. I could get really close to one by the pier, so I took the chance to get some close ups. (It was eating a fish)




On to our fort adventure. :) Here is one of the five (or more) cannons.

Here is a shot to show you how big this cannon was compared to Dad.

Of course, I had to take another because Benaiah wanted to be in the picture. ;)

I almost stepped on this little guy while walking. He was so tiny, even I wondered how I saw him!

Once on the pier, we got out our lunch, sat on a bench, and began eating. We soon had the company of this little bird. He kept running over close as to say," I know you guys have food. That's all I want." :) He was really cute, running around as fast as his little legs could take him.


A pelican enjoying the sunshine and probably hoping he can steal a fish from someone's line.

Sun rays coming through this palm tree.

Inside the Historical Agriculture Museum, there were several stations for different parts of the farm. The first one we did was "Cattle and Livestock".
Here are the little girls doing a puzzle. They are so cute. :)

They also had an area where we learned how branding animals worked. We could even make our own brand.

Here is the one Grandma made for our family. It is an eight beside a line to look like a "B". :)

I don't remember what section this was in, but I saw this 1925 Ford Model T and had to take a picture! :)

After we went through all the rooms, we went back home and got into the pool. It was so warm!!!! Now, everyone's relaxing. Diella is watching "Fixer Upper" while I write this, and everyone else is out writing post cards to send to family and friends. :)
Okay, I guess that's all.
Blessings!
Alegra<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Diella's 19th Birthday

 Of course Gonff had to make an appearance in Diella's 19th birthday photos.. and an appearance from Snickers too :)) I still can't ...