Monday, February 13, 2017

Day 9- Family Pictures Day

Today was the big day! :) We got all dressed up and drove to a small botanical garden to get family pictures done. Before we left, I took a selfie with one of Diella's headbands she wore with her outfit.

Here I am! :)

We started out just walking around, looking for good spots to take pictures. Josiah and Hadassah walked ahead, and I got this cute picture of them holding hands.

Josiah and Saphira climbed a tree and posed for me. This is one of my favorite pictures. :)

Grandpa and Benaiah chillin' in a little pavilion. 

Sadly, my auto-focus wasn't working for pictures, so I had to make Manual work.... The pictures still turned out pretty good though.



Diella spotted this little lizard resting on a branch, and it was close enough that I could get a picture.

The walk back to the van. I got some good pictures on this walk. :)


Saphira and all her cuteness.

These two are just something else! They produce so much cuteness, it's almost unbearable! <3

Josiah and Hadassah posed on a bench for me, while we waited for everyone else to catch up.



Once everyone caught up to us, we went into the visitors center. There were two ladies in the building, and they were very friendly. They had a piano in the room right by the door, and of course, someone mentioned we could play, so I played "The Entertainer". After I finished, one of the ladies said she was learning that song for her piano lesson. :) Josiah then sat down and played. It was really fun to just sit down and play on a different piano. :)

We got back to the van and went just down the road to a preserve. Mom wanted to find some more places to take pictures, so we unloaded and started the some-what long hike.



After walking for what seemed like forever (or longer to some people), we finally got to a boardwalk/bridge that led to a lookout tower. We stopped and enjoyed the cool breeze and beautiful view.



We set up the tripod and mom got everybody situated. Hadassah was not cooperating though, so mom had to make her happy. She did this by making faces at her. :) I just couldn't bring myself to delete this picture, even though it's not a "nice" one.


The view from the tower looking out over the water, toward the ocean.




Saphira was also being a little stinker when it came to getting her picture taken. She looked so beautiful today, I just wanted to take her pictures all day long, but she did not agree with that idea. I think mom made her pose for this one. :)

We watched this bird (we never found out what it was) eat its lunch right in front of us. It was in the middle of a "field" of little crabs. It would move very slowly and sway almost as if it were moving in the wind. Then, it would shoot out its neck and catch a crab and eat it! It was really cool!


Hadassah almost fell asleep in Josiah's arms on the way back to the van. She's really sweet. :)

On the walk back, Diella yelled, "Aaand there's a crab!" She had almost stepped on it while walking. Everyone went to look at it up close. Saphira was sitting on the ground right by where the crab was sitting, when suddenly, it just just started charging her! Diella and I both screamed (I thought it was dead and did not expect it to come running at us so suddenly), and Diella grabbed Saphira and pulled her back. After we ran backwards away from it, the crab turned around and scuttled back the way it had come.

We came home after getting pictures taken and had nachos for supper. Right after we ate, Josiah and I got in the pool. It was the warmest it has been since we came.
Alright, I need to go before mom comes in and tells me,"Lights out!"
Blessings!
Alegra  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Diella's 19th Birthday

 Of course Gonff had to make an appearance in Diella's 19th birthday photos.. and an appearance from Snickers too :)) I still can't ...